Bathroom Remodel Ideas and Inspirations
The bathroom may not be the largest rooms in your home, but they play a large part of everyday life. If your bathroom is tired, drab, too small, full of black mold, remodeling can completely transform it into a warm welcoming and space.
Stam Builders is Naperville, IL and Chicago’s Professional Kitchen and Bathroom Remodel Experts. We have the experience you need to get the bathroom of your dreams, at a price you can afford.
What are your Bathroom Remodeling Needs
Before you start to plan remodeling your bathroom, take a good thorough look at your current bathroom(s) and answer a few key questions:
- Is the bathroom large enough for your needs?
- Is the bathroom for your kids, guests or is it the master-bath?
- Does the current layout of your bathroom work efficiently for you or your family?
- What are the deficiencies of your bathroom? Lighting? Storage? Shower?
Bathroom Remodeling Ideas and Inspirations
Lets put a plan together to make changes to your existing bathroom. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Wall coverings – Changes to wall coverings, I.e paint: wallpaper, or even tile, can make a big and very noticeable difference. Paint is an affordable, easy and very quick way to alter the mood and facade of a bathroom. Dark, warm colors, especially purple, can bring a sense of comfort to the room, while lighter warm colors can create a feeling of energy that can really help you get moving in the morning. The addition of decorative tile, to your bathroom walls, can give the room a sophisticated look and feeling. Tiles can be rustic, modern or even marble. Tiles flexible nature makes them perfect for any design style you choose.
- Vanities – The vanity is very often the permanent piece of furniture in your bathroom and has the greatest impact on the overall theme of the room. In an ultramodern room, you might consider a minimal vanity or even a pedestal sink. In a more traditional bathroom, a wooden vanity might be the better choice to influence the look and feel of the room.
- Fixtures – Your sink and vanity type will determine the exact kind of fixtures you can select that will install correctly, but there are numerous styles to choose from for every type of theme. We offer a wide range of fixtures that will compliment your inspiration.
Tubs vs. showers – Although bathtubs are a staple for most bathrooms, many people seldom use their tubs. If you fall into this category, consider removing the tub, altogether and replacing it with a shower. Removing the tub will give your bathroom an open look and feel. It will very quickly free up some extra space in the room.
- Mirrors – Mirrors are an extremely important part of your new remodeled bathroom. Choosing the type and size of mirror can greatly enhance the perception of space that you have available to you. A large full mirror will make a small bathroom appear twice the size, while a smaller mirror will bring out the wall coverings and enhance the overall theme.